We specialize in treatment of car accident patients. We have the training, experience and specialized equipment to help reduce your pain and heal as quickly as possible. We also understand that navigating the paperwork related to the insurance and legal aspects of a car accident can be confusing too and we are happy to help with those too.
We know that you are likely in pain so we make every attempt to see you on the same day that you contact us.
First we address your injury(s). We will provide you with a complete examination to assess your condition. This include referrals to other doctors if we think that’s what is best for you.
Second we help you with the insurance company paperwork. We know the insurance regulations and we coordinate with your insurance company and the insurance company of other drivers when appropriate.
Recommend 100% I was in a car accident where i was Injured, ended up going to another place where I was getting no treatment at all!! till I came across Carolina spine and health where I got wonderful results for my injuries and the staff is just great, I feel like I’ve known the girls for years!! Dr. Chapman is amazing!!!
I was referred to Dr. Chapman and staff after an auto accident. From the moment of my first call to the day of my final treatment, I was treated with friendliness and the best care by everyone on the staff. I came in with a badly bruised knee and a sore back. I left walking freely and with no soreness. Thank you!
Our patients have told us that the following guidelines have helped them navigate the challenges of being a car accident victim and we want to share them with you.
Car Accident Guidelines
IF YOU ARE INJURED:
- Check yourself for injuries and secure them as best as you can. Go to ER if necessary.
- Schedule an exam with a chiropractor within 24 hours of an accident, fall or injury. It often takes 24-72 hours to feel the effects of your injury. Consultation is free with one of our doctors.
- Report an accident to the police and your own insurance company. If the injury occurred on someone else’s property, immediately notify the owner, landlord or manager of the property.
- Consult with an attorney. Make sure you understand your rights. Most attorneys provide a free initial consultation. We can provide you with a list of experienced attorneys.
- Call a skilled chiropractor who understands the unique injuries caused by auto accidents. Carolina Spine & Health has been taking care of injured patients for over 15 years. With free consultation, there is no reason not to get checked after every injury.
- Do not give statements about the accident to anyone other than the police.
- Do not miss your scheduled chiropractic/medical appointments. Doing so may create the false impression that your injuries were not serious or that you weren’t serious about getting better. It may also appear that you made yourself worse by not adhering to the recommended treatment.
- Do not sign any documents or cash any checks from the insurance company without consulting with an attorney. Many insurance companies will quickly try to get you to sign a release from further liability by offering a small amount of money (usually a few hundred dollars). Once a release is signed or check cashed, you can’t go back and ask for more, even if you’re still hurt or get worse (which may happen if your injuries are left untreated).
WHAT NOT TO DO:
Failure to seek treatment from a specialist after an accident. Each year, 10% of the population will be involved in an automobile accident. 20% of all accidents lead to SERIOUS and long-term injuries, yet 30% of those involved never seek treatment
Taking pain medication and muscle relaxers to mask an injury. Pain is your body’s alarm bell telling you something is wrong. Masking pain with medication is like taking the batteries out of the smoke detector. You are turning off the alarm instead of putting out the fire.
Not correcting the cause of your pain. Drugs only mask your pain for a few hours. When they wear off, your symptoms return. In our clinics, we put 100% of our focus on correcting the problem that is causing your pain. This approach has helped to heal thousands of patients permanently.
Confusing what’s most urgent with what’s most important. So many people focus their entire lives on what’s urgent at the moment, instead of focusing on what’s most important. Make sure scheduling a consultation at one of our offices carries the utmost importance.
Procrastinating after an accident. Insurance companies may not view your injuries as serious or even related to the accident if you wait too long to consult a specialist, and they may not pay for your care. Why procrastinate if you are in pain? Consultation with the doctor is always at no charge after a car accident and we can better assess your needs after speaking with you.
Get In Touch, We’re Here to Help.
500 Poinsett Hwy
Greenville, SC 29609
1066 C Asheville Hwy
Spartanburg, SC 29303